Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Designer Alex Hamilton

Alex Hamilton and Irene Pavlovic

Assistant Designer of Pink Stitch and August St Alex Hamilton at Ellory Lane, 14 April 2011

As I mingled with the fashionistas at Ellory Lane hosted by Irene Pavlovic, I was lucky enough to meet assistant designer Alex Hamilton to labels 'Pink Stitch' and 'August Street'.

The Autumn/Winter collection was launched with a fashion parade showcasing the best on-trend looks.
Me, Irene Pavlovic and Alex Hamilton

Alex Hamilton actually started off wanting to be a builder. She then had a change of mind. Then started working for Bras n' Things as a designer for lingerie and swimwear.

Standing next to me in her gorgeous uniqely designed dress, I was curious to ask a thousand questions so I thought I'd better start off with one.

Who is one of your fashion icons, I asked? "Alexander McQueen" she said. Who could blame her. Have you seen his shoes?! < And if not please Google them now. Alex also loves Australian designers like Shakuhachi and Maurie & Eve and suggests that you must have a fur vest/jacket and something tan in your wardrobe. We also discussed, types of music we like and she loves quirky sounds and a bit of Rhianna.

Alex Hamilton and Me




No comments:

Post a Comment